Tuesday 17 October 2017

WHAT I NEED: a 54mm Pompom gun

Pom pom pom pom pom pom pom! 

Boer firepower, assistance asked for!



For my 1/32 Boer Army I want a Pompom gun in the same scale. 
I'm aware that there were items like that available but that's not the case anymore (as far as I can now research). 

Possibly someone in my toy soldiers network has one available or can supply a clue on where to get it from.




If you can be of any assistance in this quest I hope you will leave a message below this article.

Thank you!














YES< I FOUND ONE, or TWO. Now awaiting pictures with 54mm scale figs

beside it, for scale indication. These  will come from Australia. (27/10/2017)



... a 54mm Anglo-Boer War Pompom gun...


Pom pom pom pom pom pom pom pom pom pom pom pom..... 

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a large Maxim gun. i'd be interested in any wargame rules for this one - how would they compare to rules for machineguns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only option is to convert a maxim gun. For About Bonaparte, I would make it a colonial light artillery piece, so compared to Napoleonic ranges it would be ditance x2 and firering twice a turn, with ammo limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this moment I have two ongoing options (where I can possibly get a nice white metal one) and, indeed Dirk, this third one, being building it myself. I've already gathered some bitboy stuff and a suitable BMC gun that can donate the carriage.
    Tonight I have planned some small scale testing where I will surely use the forwarded suggestion on the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just informed by mail (5 min. ago ) that one of the two acquiring options has no perspective, sadly. It was a England based firm that do make lots of stuff (metal, collectors range) for the Sudan and Zulu Wars... but no Pompom.

    ReplyDelete